Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beaches Negril, Jamaica

Hello!
It's Raegan and in June my daughter and I went to Beaches Negril for her high school graduation celebration. We had a WONDERFUL time!! We flew from Charlottesville into Montego Bay and took the 1 and 1/2 hour shuttle ride to our resort. The resort and beach are beautiful and the sunsets in Negril are breathtaking! Beaches is part of the Sandals family and the service and food are outstanding! Our room was lovely and in a great centralized location. On day one we took an extremely long (3 hours each way) trip to Nine Miles, Bob Marley's home and final resting place. This was a bit of a disappointment. We are big reggae music fans and wanted to see Marley's home but the tour was only about 40 minutes long and very commercialized. The next day we went zip-lining. This was a first for me but definitely will not be the last time!! We had a blast!! We had a cabana on the beach the next day and spent a couple of hours shopping in Negril. The last full day we spent riding ATV's. It was very muddy as it was rainy season there but we had so much fun we didn't even mind getting dirty. Jamaica is one of my favorite islands and I can't wait to go back! I would highly recommend Beaches Resorts! This was one of the best Caribbean experiences I have ever had!