Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pacific Coast

Hello Again,
It's Jerry and I just came back from a great west coast vacation so I thought I would share the detailes with everyone. First we, (there were 6 of us) started out in San Francisco. While we were there we went to Alcatraz, and took a street car ride around the city. The tour took us to China Town, the Percidio, and of course the Golden Gate Bridge! Which, by the way, was covered in fog the entire time we were there. We drove down Lombard Street and and we went to Pier 39 to watch the seals and to Muier woods to see the Giant Redwood trees.
After San Francisco we drove up the coast on Scenic Highway 101 headed to Portland, Oregan. All along the coast there were fantastic views of the Pacific ocean. We passed through the Redwood state park and I even drove my van THROUGH a redwood tree. They are huge!!
I think this is a great trip if you have the time and love the the country because it is beautiful there.