Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beijing, China


Hello. This is Jerry.
I recently returned from a trip to Beijing China!! I flew from Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport to Washington Dulles. I flew nonstop from Dulles to Beijing!! We stayed at the Westin Beijing for two nights and then the Westin Chaoyang for two nights. While we were there we saw the Forbidden City, the Imperial Palace, the Summer Palace and Tian'anmen Square. We also climbed the Great Wall of China! I have to say that the Great Wall is probably the most amazing thing I have ever seen!
The food was very interesting to say the least. It is nothing like Chinese food here. We also went to the Night Market where you can buy a variety of things to eat, like crickets on a stick, snake, star fish, and I tried a water scorpion!! They also had silk worm which I did not try but some of the other agents did. I also went to the Silk Market, where you can buy all types of merchandise, but you need to be good at bargaining!
We were upgraded to business class on the return flight home, and it was 14 hours. Now, that's the way to travel! I'm sure that I could write a lot more but let's just say that this was a once in a lifetime trip. I had a wonderful time!